Dress Up Party: Simplicity 2724 review

Saturday 23 May 2015
Something a little different from me today - I'm participating in a 'Dress Up Party' hosted by Sara over at Sew Sweetness and have written a guest post reviewing Simplicity 2724. This is a great dress which has been made by lots of talented sewers, but for some reason it's now OOP. If you have this in your stash I can highly recommend making it up. I've made my version in an emerald green cotton for the bodice and a black and white mini houndstooth wool for the skirt.

It was fortunate that I had this commitment to meet because it forced me to finish this dress - I had a hugely productive sewing weekend away a few weeks ago but lately my life has been a black hole of busyness, sickness and a stint of solo parenting which has been hugely draining on my sewing mojo and I haven't had the energy (or time) to get much done. Hopefully this can get me back on track - so many things to sew and so little time!


image via Pattern Review

No comments:

Post a Comment